Sunday, January 11, 2015

My Kind of...This is How I Roll

Proof that every country song still sounded the same in 2014

This article and supporting evidence in the video of the sound bites of some of the top songs of 2014. I knew that many of the recent country songs sounded similar but this was just plain ridiculous! While I do like Luke Bryan and some of Blake Shelton's music, there is no denying they sing simple songs some of the time. Then some are better and have more emotional connections. "Drink a Beer" and "God Gave me You" respectively are examples that come to mind.

I recently have begun talking to a country DJ and he talks about the "throw away" songs. And it is true! Everything is the same. I listened to his 90's at 9 again last night and loved being reminded of the good songs of the 90's. I think country fans need to demand artists to sit down and write meaningful songs again.

Not every country fan is wanting to ride around in a truck with a chick, drink whiskey and I am a woman who doesn't want to be compared to whiskey or some other booze. There is more to life and people know this!

The songs written and preformed on ABC's Nashville have more meaning and melody than what is on the radio and since it is soundtrack music country radio doesn't play it. It is kind of a bummer.

My DJ friend went to CMA Fest a few years but now has given it up because of the new acts being so flat and generic. I don't like a lot of the new people as much as the older ones. That is why I prefer the other venue acts at Fest rather than the stadium shows. I mean, there are some exceptions of the current big stars but typically I like artists of the 90's.

I doubt country will get back to the good songs anytime soon because the current monotonous music is selling so well. It all confuses me. Maybe fans don't know better, maybe they didn't listen to the older music. Plus it is that I grew up in the 90's so that is what I know most.

Classic country of the older eras should be ashamed of today's songs as well. It is a farce at times. I don't want to name names in my post lest I get the wrath of fans but it is frustrating seeing people swaying and all to lame music!

No comments:

Post a Comment